Fall Salon Dinner Discussion
Vlora Restaurant | 6:30PM - 8PM
545 Boylston Street, Boston | View Map
Salons, dating back to the 16th century, are a time-honored forum for discussion and the exchange of ideas. Inspired by the values and principles of Acumen Fund, BOSTON+acumen is continuing this tradition by hosting its Fall Salon dinner. By gathering an array of perspectives from across industries and sectors, Salons promise to spur moral imagination and challenge our community to think about poverty, business and the relationship between them in new ways.
The Fall 2012 Salon’s theme will be “Governments rarely invent solutions, but they can scale what works.” Don’t have a robustly-formed opinion on this topic yet? No problem! To fuel conversation, we suggest attendees check-out these pre-readings to help guide and round-out their thinking: Mission, Margin, Mandate by Brian Trelstad and Robert Katz, and IBM v Carnegie Corporation: The Centenarians Square Up from The Economist. In this open dialogue, we invite you to voice your opinions and share your experiences. BOSTON+acumen leadership team members will also be at each table to join the conversation. Salons are open to all levels of familiarity with this topic – we just ask you come with an open mind, respectful attitude, and enthusiasm to learn more and engage with your peers.
Tickets + Info
Your Ticket Includes:
- An evening of great conversation with new friends!
- Dinner, your choice of:
- Pasticcio - Albanian style "macaroni and cheese (vegetarian)
- Vegetarian Pasta di Aldo - red & yellow peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, onion, arugula (vegan)
- Spicy Couscous & Shrimp - pearl couscous, harissa sauce, green beans
- Fettuccine con Pollo al Limone - tender chicken, roasted red pepper, capers, light lemon sauce
- Drinks and additional items are available for purchase during the event (separate checks will be given)
- Please note: this is not a fundraising event for Acumen Fund. 100% of the ticket cost goes to cover your dinner, tax and tip.